Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Enter Mr. Chernus

I have often told myself that I would not resort to doing a personal blog. As a writer I do think blogging is a great way to gain a little excersise in your craft not to mention it’s a fine escape from regular daily duties. Of course, I could not restrain myself from joining in the fray and thus, two years ago, I started what has become my baby, Deadtown Cleveland (www.deadtowncleveland.blogspot.com).

Deadtown is an all around celebration of Cleveland: the town I grew up in, the first town I fell in love with and the place that will always be my home. I like to use it to reexamine my former place of residence and write about all of my favorite parts of it be they restaurants, bands or people. For awhile it was also a sociology project where I compilled my thoughts and misadventures in regards to being a Midwesterner in a western world.

But even with the last bit of information in mind, Deadtown was never meant to serve as a personal blog that is subject to my whim and abuse. No, I’ve always thought those blogs to be a little self serving and a tad boring. Ha. Now here I am. But I hope that this won’t be a bunch of complaints or even lots of patting of my own back. Rather I would like it to be some basic shit talking, with the spice being some zombie and wrestling rants and then some altogether indifferent writing.

A little about me: I’m nearing 30 and am entering into the arena of screenwriting with an open mind and an empty one too. I have worked as a freelance music journalist for six years. My foul mouthed work has been published in books, national magazines and alt-weeklies in Cleveland, Detroit, Denver and Los Angeles.

Excuse me...

There’s a god damn ant crawling up my leg as I write this first entry. I hope that by the time this blog is finished that the intruder in question is long, long dead. But for you I wish the best. Only the best for you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment